Waxahachie, TX 75165
Serving all of Texas, including Dallas, Ellis, Hill, and Tarrant Counties.
In 2000, Bill J. Scott received his Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan University School of Law and he was also admitted to practice law in Texas.
Before he became an attorney, Bill had extensive experience in law enforcement. Bill has held a Texas Peace Officer License for more than 20 years, working his way through the police department ranks from Patrol Officer to Chief of Police. Bill holds the state certification of Master Peace Officer. He is also a state-licensed police instructor. He has taught police courses ranging from Use of Force to Child Abuse.
Immediately after receiving his law license, Bill worked prosecuting criminal cases in Ellis County. With his law enforcement and prosecutorial background, Bill is better able to evaluate criminal cases and develop strategies, both of which enable him to better protect and better serve his clients' interests.
- Ellis County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Juris Doctorate - Texas Wesleyan School of Law (2000)
- Bachelor of Applied Arts - Dallas Baptist University (1997)
Professional Licenses and Certificates:
- State of Texas (Texas Supreme Court)
- Master Peace Officer Certification
- The Judicial Process